Any sort of bar or catering event will require refrigeration services, whether it’s to keep ingredients cool and fresh, or drinks chilled for guests to enjoy. Yet, when you opt for outdoor catering there are certain obstacles to overcome! Your event chiller, therefore, will need to be modern and in great working condition to guarantee the success of your outdoor celebration. Certainly, no one wants a warm glass of bubbles during the peak of summer!
So, how can you combat this? As we’ve touched upon, chillers are an excellent temporary solution for outdoor refrigeration. And, should you face an unexpected power fault (don’t worry we can provide a small generator!) or other unforeseen situation that sees you require back-up refrigeration, they can also be a fantastic alternative option. In the last year, we’ve definitely become accustomed to handling the unexpected, even more so that previously!
Here at Grizzly Bear Events, we have a range of different equipment options to ensure your outdoor catering event is streamlined, allowing you to focus on the fun rather than the stress of keeping things cool! Utilising our years of experience and thorough knowledge, we can help you with a bespoke solution for your next outdoor celebration, ensuring common catering issues are eliminated. In this blog post, we’ll be sharing some of examples of the emergency hires we’ve provided alongside crucial tips and facts you may not have known about chillers!
What do we mean by chiller hire and why do you need one?
Offering convenience, security and temperature control, and outside cold room or chiller is an absolute essential for outdoor events – and, can even be used long-term too should there be a major issue that needs addressing on your premises. Whether you are a butcher requiring additional seasonal space or a couple planning a marquee wedding, chillers are regularly used by those in the events industry due to the ease of installation and guaranteed results. No one wants ingredients or produce falling short of excellence when the moment comes!
There are four different sizes of chillers we offer, check these out below and discover which size you need for your next event. In a pinch for time and need one urgently? Get in touch with us now and we’ll be more than happy to discuss how we can help!
- Small: For more intimate, smaller gatherings. Recommend for up to 50 guests. Ideal for garden parties, home celebrations and stock storage for street food vendors.
- Medium: Suitable for those on a budget, but looking for a chiller with stand up height and plenty of shelving. Suited to around 50-100 guests.
- *MOST POPULAR* Large: Offering ample of space for food & drink, plus flowers, cake, favours etc. Perfect for an event with around 100 – 200 attendees.
- Extra-large: For the larger outdoor catering events, festivals and bar companies. Keep drink stocks chilled or ingredients fresher for longer. We’d recommend for private events with over 200 guests.
Particularly with the ever-growing popularity of outdoor events, we get booked up quick! However, if you have an emergency requirement, we’ll do our very best to provide you with a high quality solution you won’t find elsewhere.
So, who have we worked with recently to provide outdoor chillers?
There are two main reasons why you might use a chiller when providing outdoor catering, the first being to store prepared food before serving. Just a few of the companies we’ve worked with recently include:
- Bear Claw Catering who have booked 3 of our chillers for their events across the summer.
- Man with a Pan (a delicious paella street food stand!) booked us for 4 events throughout the summer, providing refrigeration for on-site drinks storage.
- Mr Raclette, a food stall and pop up convenience store at Hickstead’s Al Shira’aa Jumping Championship booked the week before the event. Our team delivered and collected after the rest of the exhibitors had left and we were even able to provide a free upgrade to a large due to having one available.
- A lot of the time our chillers are hired by the client for both their own drinks, and the caterer’s food. Examples include: Tandem Catering, Amuse Catering, Purple Pumpkin, Tapenade Catering, Hog Squad Chichester.
And, what about emergency hires? Chillers and Generators…
Here at Grizzly Bear Events, we pride ourselves in providing emergency solutions to our clients. Sometimes, the unexpected hits and it can certainly cause you major concern and worry. We want to help get your event back on track! So, without further ado, here’s a few examples of how we’ve assisted recently as we once again have live events:
- At the Euro Finals, we provided a chiller for Cherries Bar and Snacks at Prince Philip Park after they called that Sunday morning and we delivered on the same day.
- When Westons Farm Shop were hit with a power cut that affected the whole store, they needed back-up power until the mains were restored. So, we provided a generator within the hour.
- Fieldvision was a COVID test event at Stevenage Football Club. An exciting test-run for us, there was live music and social distanced ‘pens’. The outdoor catering event called for a chiller 4 days prior to the event for their pizza truck’s food storage.
- At Rays Dairy, their on-site refrigeration broke down. We delivered in 2 hours before any food was spoilt and this was left for 4 days whilst the repair took place.
Did you know? What you need to know about our chillers...
And, have you ever suddenly realised you’ve forgotten power for your event? We provided a last minute generator for a private school’s camping trip to ensure their entertainment was undisturbed!
We go above and beyond, we care about you as our customer and building long-lasting relationships. Knowing who you can rely on time and again, can significantly put your mind at ease. Just this week, we had a last minute caterer contact us for a same-day chiller delivery for a high-end car photo shoot. We delivered just 3 hours later, providing on site refrigeration for crew catering during the intense heatwave. At Grizzly Bear Events, we do all we can to ensure your event is a success – especially when the unexpected hits!
Why choose Grizzly Bear Events to assist with your outdoor catering event?
An outside event presents specific challenges in terms of catering. Whilst it’s a popular option for events, it’s important you understand the requirements and work with an experienced supplier to ensure all runs smoothly. Otherwise, you may be faced with spoilt ingredients and produce! And certainly, this will leave the wrong kind of impression on your guests.
We have a range of different options available to suit events of any size, whether it be an intimate gathering or a large-scale celebration, we can provide you with a chiller. Or, should you face an unexpected issue, we’ve got you covered with both emergency power generators and refrigeration.
Work with the supplier you can trust today, choose Grizzly Bear Events. We offer frige trailers from £225 plus VAT for a weekend hire.
Want to find out more about our previous event work? Be sure to check out our reviews below! Or, to get your free bespoke quote, simply click the button or, click here to get in touch and discover more about our chiller and generator hires – whether it be an emergency or for an outdoor catering further down the line.
“I researched companies to provide a chiller trailer for my daughters wedding, I found Grizzly Bear Events to be good value and Ben was always very helpful answering any queries promptly (especially with all the re-arrangements due to Covid!). The chiller trailer was delivered at the time arranged and was clean and of a high standard.
I would definitely recommend Grizzly Bear Events and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.”
“Great service, nice clean fridge trailer. Used it for my meat storage during the summer lockdown. Will recommend and use again.”
We pride ourselves in the 5-star service we provide our clients time and again. Events can be highly stressful, and we know the importance of having a supplier you can trust to deliver the right results. It really does make all the difference!
“Ben was so lovely to deal with! He responded to my enquiry in a quick and timely manner, and worked around my work commitments regarding a time to drop off the fridge trailer! It arrived spotless, and was just perfect for our wedding! Whilst we only had 30 guests, you could easily fit enough food/alcohol in there for 100 guests!! I honestly can’t recommend Grizzly Bear Events highly enough! JUST BRILLIANT!!!”